Do You Love a Parade? Then Don't Miss the I Am an American Day Parade
Oak Forest's second annual I Am an American Day Parade on Sunday, Sept. 1, will lead into the Old Time Picnic at the Oak Forest Park District building. The parade will run down Central Avenue from 151st to 156th streets. The picnic will feature children's rides, races, games and live music.
When: The parade starts at 11 a.m. The picnic runs from noon to 8 p.m.
Where: The parade route is along Central Avenue, starting at 151st Street and running until 156th Street. The picnic is at the Oak Forest Park District building at 156th Street and Central Avenue.
More Info: Go to the park district's website for details.
What Else to Watch for This Weekend
FRIDAY, AUG. 30
- The Frett Brothers: The band will perform at 7:30 p.m. as part of the Friday night special at The Carraig Pub at Chicago Gaelic Park. Find out more details.
- Kid Rock: The Detroit rocker will perform at 6:45 p.m. at the First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre. Find out more details.
SATURDAY, AUG. 31
- Trap-Neuter-Return for Outside Cats: This workshop, from 10:30 a.m. to noon at PAWS of Tinley Park, 8301 W. 191st St., will teach participants about trap-neuter-return when it comes to outside cats. Find out more details.
- Free Movie Night—Step Brothers: Watch the movie at 9:30 p.m. at The Carraig Pub. Find out more details.
- Soul Fedd: The neo-soul group will perform at 9 p.m. at The Linger Martini Bar. Find out more details.
SUNDAY, SEPT. 1
Silk & Nightwind Band: The jazz group performs at 3 p.m. at The Linger Martini Bar. Find out more details.
Check out Oak Forest Patch's Events Calendar to find out what else is going on and to add your own activities to the mix.
Want to catch a movie? Check out Oak Forest Patch's Movies Friday, which features films and showtimes in the area.