Oak Forest Couple Returns to Court
Charles and Michelle Sopko will be back in court Monday, Jan. 13, at the Bridgeview Courthouse as part of charges pending against them for allegedly embezzling more than $350,000 in funds from the Palos Heights Fire District. The couple was released on $10,000 bonds each last week.
Also This Week …
TUESDAY, JAN. 14
City Council Meeting: The council meets at 8 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall. Go to the city's website for the full agenda.
THURSDAY, JAN. 16
Teen Activities Group: This group, which meets at 7 p.m. at the Acorn Public Library, lets teens grades 6 and higher meet to find ways to volunteer and earn service hours.
FRIDAY, JAN. 17
The Irish House Party Band: The show is hosted by All Ireland champion musicians and dancers, and begins at 8:30 p.m. at Chicago Gaelic Park. Go to the venue's website for more information.
SATURDAY, JAN. 18
- City Hall Closed: Oak Forest City Hall will be closed during its regular Saturday hours. Residents should use the night deposit mail slot at City Hall, and go online to pay parking or ordinance tickets or sign up for online bill payments.
- Science Club: The topic for this month's group, which meets at 10:30 a.m. at Acorn Public Library for kids in grades 2 to 5, deals with flight and how airplanes fly by testing paper airplanes.
- Family Bingo: Enjoy bingo and snacks at 2:30 p.m. at the Acorn Public Library.
- Jenny Talia: The Australian comedian will perform at 8 p.m. in the Tara Room at Chicago Gaelic Park.
- Sign Up Now for Oak Forest Relay for Life 2014: Residents ready to hit the track for a good cause might have to wait to walk—but they can sign up now. Registration is now open for Oak Forest's Relay for Life 2014, to be held Friday, June 20.
- Register for the Oak Forest Fleadh 5K: The Fleadh is coming and registration for the 5K, which kicks off at 8:30 a.m. March 8, is already under way. The cost is $30 for pre-registration and $35 for registration the day of the race.
Check out Oak Forest Patch's Events Calendar to find out what else is going on and to add your own activities to the mix.