Oak Forest's 6th Ward will have a new face representing it.
Newcomer James Hortsman beat out fellow newbie Ken Barry, with 267 of the 415 total votes and all precincts reporting.
Hortsman and Barry were the only two on the ballot, after , in addition to Simos' failure to submit an economic statement to the county—a legal requirement for candidacy.
Hortsman has been an active volunteer in Oak Forest for 15 years. He has a wife Donna, and three children: Stephanie, Samantha and James.
More 2013 Election Stories Affecting Oak Forest
- 2013 Oak Forest Election Results: See Who Will Represent You
- Incumbent Hangs on to 4th Ward Seat
- Longtime Oak Forest City Clerk Wins Another Term
- Wagner Keeps Moraine Board Seat; Cunningham Wins 2-Year Term
- 2013 Election Central: Replay Tuesday Night's Live Blog
Two Ways to Stay Connected to Oak Forest Patch:
- Subscribe to our newsletters to have headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox.
- "Like" our Facebook page for updates throughout the day.