.

Small Kitchen Fire Shuts Down Sake Bob BBQ

The Oak Forest Fire Department puts out a grease fire Sunday night at the Japanese restaurant on 159th Street.

A fire that broke out in the kitchen of a Japanese bar and grill on 159th Street on Sunday night has temporarily shut down the establishment.

The Oak Forest Fire Department responded around 11:15 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 12, to a small grease fire in the kitchen of Sake Bob, 6210 159th St., said Chief Terry Lipinski.

The fire was contained to the kitchen, damaging a few ceiling tiles, he said. Smoke, however, filled the entire restaurant, he added.

A Cook County health inspector was at the scene Sunday night and will be in later Monday to make sure the restaurant is OK to open, Lipinski said.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »