An Oak Forest fire sprinkler repairman recently won $40,000 in a court settlement against East China Inn restaurant in Batavia, and all he had to do was get lit on fire, reports the Daily Herald.
Matthew Rapp, 26, was standing on a stove while inspecting a fire sprinkler system at the restaurant in October of 2010 when someone turned on the gas. The flames caused second degree burns to Rapp's leg, from ankle to knee. His attorney says the stove was off before Rapp climbed on top of it.
Despite the payout, East China Inn still refuses to take responsibility for the accident.
You can read the full story on the Daily Herald's website.