1. Bloom Township (6-0): The Blazing Trojans put their defensive prowess on full display in Tuesday’s 49-38 win at Thornwood. Henry Hicks, a 6-foot-2 junior, is among Bloom’s defensive standouts, and he’s not too shabby on the offensive end, either. Point guard Donald Moore is a driving force.
2. Homewood-Flossmoor (5-1): The Vikings have bounced back after losing to Bloom on Thanksgiving weekend, earning victories over Joliet West and Morgan Park and Rich Central.
3. Marist (4-0): The RedHawks have two of the top underclassmen in the area in Lexus Williams and Nic Weishar. Williams scored 26 points and Weishar netted 23 in the RedHawks’ 74-71 victory over St. Rita on Tuesday night.
4. Andrew (4-0): The Thunderbolts end a week-long layoff when they host Stagg tonight.
5. Brother Rice (5-1): Senior guard Garrett O’Neill has led the way as the Crusaders have won two straight—over Providence and Bishop McNaMara—after suffering their lone loss.
Next best in alphabetical order: Lincoln-Way East, Oak Forest, Sandburg, Stagg, Richards.
(Covering the following Patch communities: Chicago Heights, Evergreen Park, Frankfort, Homewood-Flossmoor, Mokena, New Lenox, Oak Forest, Oak Lawn, Orland Park, Palos, Tinley Park and the neighboring private schools that draw students from those communities).