The City of Oak Forest has set trick-or-treating hours from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 31.
Be sure to follow the hours on the big day, and check the time before heading out.
Follow these basic safety tips on Halloween:
- Stay in well-lighted areas
- Never go out alone
- Carry a flashlight
- Trick or treat in your neighborhood and go to houses you know
- Wear white or reflective clothing
- Set a time limit for children to trick-or-treat
- Have your parents check your treats when you get home