Village Videos features videos from Patch, from around the web and from readers that showcase Tinley Park. Want your video featured? Upload it to our Neighborhood Gallery and email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to say you want to see it in Village Videos.
Employees and volunteers from Together We Cope got to play the role of Santa early this year, handing out donated Christmas gifts last week to families in need as part of the nonprofit's Adopt a Child program.
READ: Together We Cope Provides Christmas for Needy Kids
This year, . People and organizations have "adopted" these kids, donating gifts that Together We Cope gathered together in gift bags.
Although the program is officially over for the year, Together We Cope is still accepting donations for children who weren't sponsored. Donors can find out what is needed by calling 708-633-5040, and more information can be found on the nonprofit group's website.
Donations are especially needed for teens. Suggested items include:
- Axe personal care products
- makeup kits
- iTunes gift cards
- gift cards for fast food restaurants.
This video is from Thursday, Dec. 13, and it features Together We Cope volunteers and employees: Tina Kessens, client service coordinator; Kaitlin Aldworth, a case manager; Mary Nolan, a volunteer; and Kerry Nolan, fundraising assistant and Mary's daughter.
Other Village Videos on Tinley Park Patch:
- Village Video: No Rescue Too Small—or Too Cute—for Tinley Park Fire Department
- Village Videos: Is Tinley Park a UFO Magnet?
- Village Videos: Volunteer's Voice Fills Customers With a Giving Spirit
- Village Videos: How Tinley Park Helps After a Disaster
Two Ways to Stay Connected to Tinley Park Patch:
- Subscribe to our newsletters to have headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox.
- "Like" our Facebook page for updates throughout the day.