The seeming nonstop rain of Thursday has subsided, but Oak Forest residents will still be dealing with the aftermath Friday. And maybe a bit more precipitation.
A 40 percent chance of showers, mainly after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 47. Breezy, with a west southwest wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph.
As you could probably guess by the photo, Lavergne Avenue, between 153rd and 154th streets, was still closed as of late Thursday afternoon. Given the amount of water around there, it's probably a good idea to avoid that stretch of road.
The following are links to stories about other street closings and Thursday's flooding:
- Many Major South Suburban Roads Closed Through Friday Morning Commute
- Photos of Flooded Roads in Oak Forest
- South Suburban Flood Roundup
- South Suburban Flood Pics: Share Yours Here
- Rainfall Totals in Chicago Suburbs
- Gov. Quinn Declares State of Emergency
Two Ways to Stay Connected to Oak Forest Patch:
- Subscribe to our newsletters to have headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox.
- "Like" our Facebook page for updates throughout the day.