Where to Celebrate St. Patrick's Day in the South Suburbs
From parades to festivals, there are several events in the coming weeks where Southland residents can celebrate Irish pride.
St. Patrick's Day is almost here and there's no shortage of St. Paddy's celebrations in the south suburbs. Get our your green and check out these upcoming events.
- When: 5:30 p.m., March 8, 12-15
- Where: Chicago Gaelic Park, Oak Forest
- What: Celebrate St. Patrick's Day all week with this five-day lineup of Irish music and dancing.
- When: March 9
- Where: Cicero Avenue and 151st Street, Oak Forest
- What: Celebrate St. Paddy's with a 5K race, open bike ride, parade and pub and restaurant open house. The Miller Lite Free Rides program will offer free rides to participating establishments.
- When: 12 p.m., March 10
- Where: 103rd Street and Western Avenue, Chicago
- What: Started in 1979, this south side tradition is based on the mantra "Pray, Parade and Party."
- When: 2 p.m., March 10
- Where: Oak Park Avenue, Downtown Tinley Park
- What: Local community groups, schools and businesses will participate in this family-friendly event.
- When: March 15-17
- Where: Tom Kelly's Chophouse and Pub, New Lenox
- What: Enjoy raffles, giveaways, live entertainment and Irish food and drink specials, all in the comfort of a heated tent.