Whether in the form of a cone, cup, sundae or float, everyone loves ice cream.
The icy cold treat is especially popular during the summer months, providing a temporary relief from what can sometimes be scorching temperatures. It's a reward for good behavior, a treat following a relaxing meal or an annual stop along the local parade route.
So we want to know—What's your preferred spot in the Southland is to indulge? There's no doubt that we have a repertoire of deliciously sweet options in Orland Park, Tinley Park, Oak Forest, Palos, Chicago Heights, Homewood-Flossmoor, Evergreen Park, Oak Lawn, Frankfort, New Lenox and Mokena.
Does your favorite ice cream parlor specialize in variety? Let you make your own flavors? Have the best frozen custard? It's all yummy so we want to know what makes it THE BEST.
VOTE: Readers nominated the options below either in the original article or on Facebook. To cast your vote, select an option in the poll at the bottom of the article. Also make sure to tell us why you picked your favorite in the comments.
Polls will remain open through Aug. 17.
To vote, you must be logged in to your free Patch account. Don't have one? Click "Join" in the upper right corner. The winner will be determined by poll votes only, not reviews or comments.
Click on the name of a ice cream shop below for more information or to write a review.
- Cupid's Candies (Orland Park)
- Plush Horse (Tinley)
- Plush Horse (Palos)
- The Creamery (Mokena)
- Mitchell's Candies & Ice Cream (Homewood)
- Premo's Drive-In (Oak Lawn)
- Zarlengo's Italian Ice & Gelato (Chicago Heights)
- Jack Frost Ice Cream Chalet (Oak Forest)
- Tastee Freez (Palos Heights)
- Kernel Sweet Tooth (Tinley)
- The Sweet Company (Mokena)
- Ranch Frostie (New Lenox)
- Sweetz Ice Cream & Cakes (Orland)
- Cupid's Candies (Oak Lawn)
- Whitey's Dairy Palace (Tinley Park)
- Lindy's & Gertie's (Tinley)
- Oberweis Dairy (Orland)
- Big Pappa's (Italian ice in Oak Lawn)
- Andy's Frozen Custard (Oak Lawn)
- Culver's (Tinley)
- Dairy Queen (Homewood)
- Oberweis Dairy (Evergreen Park)