Search Continues in 4th of July Double Stabbing
Two boys told police they stabbed by a "man with long hair."
Police are continuing to investigate the stabbing of two 17-year-old boys after the Fourth of July fireworks in Oak Forest.
Chief Greg Anderson told Oak Forest Patch Monday there are no new updates in the case. He has said before that the two victims provided little information about the attacker.
The two boys told police that they were stabbed near the intersection of Long Avenue and 155th Street.
Anderson said late last week that the two boys were somewhat "uncooperative" in providing information to police. They did say that, at about 10:15 p.m., they were stabbed by a man with long hair. The fireworks display ended around 10 p.m.
“We don’t know why. We didn’t find out until an hour later when a third party, a friend of theirs, called us,” Anderson told Sun-Times Media.
One boy was stabbed in the chest and twice in the leg. The second victim had two stab wounds to his leg. Both were hospitalized for their injuries.
Want more crime news?