Five Last-Minute Christmas Gifts for Dad
It’s not too late to get your dad a great Christmas present. We have come up with some great options you can still have under the tree by Sunday morning.
Finding the right gift for dad can be the most difficult task on a holiday list. This results in many years gone by with the old standby present, a shirt and tie.
Surprise dad this year and switch out that old boring gift with something special.
- Flight Lessons. Does your dad love adventure? Flight schools in Chicago will take him up into the air and pass over the controls for a unique experience he is sure to remember for years to come. Flying Lessons Chicago offers several different packages to suit many budgets.
- Golf. Has dad been eyeing a particular new club or bag? Could his swing use a little work? Golf accessories and/or lessons are something that he would greatly appreciate. Many country clubs offer lessons, gift certificates and pro shops stocked full of great golf gear. Silver Lake Country Club in Orland Park offers gift certificates if you want to let dad choose his own golf gift.
- Nascar Racing Experience. What guy hasn’t dreamed of being a professional race car driver? Make his dream a reality this Christmas by giving him an authentic racing experience as a gift. The racetrack is located in Joliet and many different packages are available.
- Tickets. A pair of tickets to your dad’s favorite sports team would be an excellent choice and allow for the two of you to spend some quality time together, as well. Is the man in your life not a sports fan? Then try tickets to a concert, play or touring event like a restaurant crawl or winery tour.
- Dinner and drinks? Dad usually gets stuck with the bill when you dine out, right? How about a restaurant gift certificate to help ease the burden on his wallet? Most restaurants offer gift certificates in any denomination and some even offer instant online access to your certificate. Now to the drinks ... single malt scotch. Many dads enjoy a nice glass of scotch once in a while. How about springing for a nice bottle like Macallan’s 18-year-old scotch for $165. More budget-friendly options include Glenlivet 12-year-old scotch for $30. Orland Park Wine and Spirits offers many selections and will be happy to help you find the perfect choice for your dad.
No matter your choice of gift, dad will be surely be happy just knowing you took the time to think of him. The gift is just a bonus!